BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

this time baby i'll be bulletproof.

this valentine's day i realised how dependant i was on him.

expecting him to step up. make a move.
lost sight of what exactly he wanted from me.
see. he's not ready for commitments.
and i'm waiting for him to commit.
but really how different would things be if he did commit to me?
not much different.
we are known as an unofficial item by all our friends. *at least by the ones that matter*
we don't exactly hide our affections towards each other.
we text and call each other every day.
i miss you. you miss me.
how would things be different.
honestly i say these things just to comfort myself.
the risk of being all that i am with him
and not knowing that the affections are mutual.
risking the likelyness of him falling for another stick with perky breasts.
really. i am afraid that i can't stand by and watch him parade around with her'

so in order to avoid potential heartbreak.
this time baby i'll be bulletproof!
hehehe.
well actually.
i'll keep my options open. not get too attached.
focus on self enrichment.
improving my life for the greater betterment of my present.
make time for my friends.
work on my ambitions.
travel.
live my life the way it should be lived.

and on that note.
Thanks Kimberly Tey . You reminded me actually how much i really missed your company.
I am so sorry i wasn't there for you through all those lowest points of your life.
i'll be here any time you need me.

OH and i loved the ice cream! :)

Why do we need a guy to validate us? aren't our family and friends enough?

Really.

think about it.

We are AWESOME women with ATTITUDE and SPUNK.

Why do we turn into a blubber of patheticness when a guy says "i'm confused'" and "i'm not ready for commitment''

because to be quite frank.
we subconsciously want to live our own romantic love stories.
cling on to happily ever afters.
Blame it on DISNEY for putting these far fetched fantasies in our head.

and we subject men to these expectations.
and when they don't live up to it we get very dissapointed
are you cinderella? snow white? rapunzel?

why hope and wish for prince charming. when you're not the princess at the ball.

better yet stop living a fairy tale.

Life is just as it is.

we are not perfect. cherish each others perfections and work on each other's flaws.
don't expect the world from someone.

Be realistic.

we are all damsel's in distress one way or another. but do we need prince charming to rescue us or can we dig ourselves out of our own messes.

i think we are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

and i am grateful i have you with me. you give me perspective.

my friends keep me sane *insane*

Yeah you!

;)

My family drives me up a wall but catches me when i fall.

I love you all.

<3>

0 comments: